Sharing is caring!

Mold is a type of fungus that grows nearly everywhere, both inside and outside the home, but thrives most in warm, wet, and humid environments.

When your home has suffered from water damage, mold should be one of your biggest concerns as a homeowner. Different types of mold can grow on just about any surface that has been damaged due to flooding, plumbing issues, or even small leaks, which can cause significant health risks to those living in the home.

The most common health symptoms of exposure to mold include:

  • Nasal stuffiness
  • Eye irritation
  • Skin irritation or rashes
  • Wheezing, coughing, or other respiratory issues
  • Fever

People with mold allergies or pre-existing respiratory conditions are more susceptible to these health effects, but even perfectly healthy individuals can be affected.

Sharing is caring!