24 Hour Emergency Service
DO's & DONT's
What to do
Damage from water and microbial growth can begin within hours.
- Make sure water source is turned off.
- Remove shoes, paper goods, potted plants, etc.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Place aluminum foil or small wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Remove wet fabrics and dry them as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
- If damage occurs during a cool season, leave heat on; if in summer, use an air conditioner if available.
What not to do
- Do not use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors.
- Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
- Do not place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers & may result in permanent staining.
- Do not walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep from spreading the damage to unaffected areas.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
Toll Free: 888-429-1911
201 West Cherokee
McAlester, Oklahoma 74501
P.O. Box 1812
McAlester, Oklahoma 74502